Thursday, October 28, 2004

Another introduction to Gungy

OK,

I had a bad day. This seems to be more typical than not, but I still wake up every day and go about life.

Today I woke up so stiff from the past two days of work, I could not go over and finish one of my local projects. I ended up going to the local Giant Food store. I accidently helped someone shoplift steaks from the store. Let me explain. I was going in the "in" door. A man, is trying to walk out the "in" door. He has one of the green handbaskets you carry around goods. It is filled up to the top with steaks. He then proceds to get into his late 1990s black Chevy Camaro which is illegally parked in the front of the store. It is too bad it took me 30 seconds to figure out what I had just saw. If I had realized it quicker, I could have yelled "Shoplifter" and chased him or something to that effect. I hate the fact I have to pay extra for groceries because people think it is appropriate to blatently steal stuff.

Later, as I am coming down my stairs, I trip and fall. Over a waste paper basket that is left on the stairs. I fall, and get hurt. I run into the TV room, yelling, and I threw the basket down on the ground like I am spiking a football. I am in serious pain mind you. My mom won't even get off the phone to ask if I am all right, despite falling down the stairs. I got into the kitchen and asked my dad if he left it on there. He said "Why did you not take it up?" and I spiked it again. My dad said "If you break it, I will fucking kill you." Wait, is this something a father should say to his 24 year old son? He then chases me into the family room and gets in my face, within a inch. I nearly pushed him away, but I knew at that point he would have called the police and had me thrown in jail.

Anyhow, prior to the first blow up, I had placed steaks on the indoor Jenn Air grill. The steaks are still on the grill. I take my dad's steak off, and take it to him. My mom and I like our steaks more well done. As I return to the kitchen, the grill is on fire. I try to blow out the fire. No can do. I take the steaks off, and I am ready to use the fire extinguisher on it. My dad told me not to. So I covered up the grill with a pan. Well, it burned for five minutes. Despite the pan covering the fire. After it burnt out, the grill grates were melted. They need to be replaced.

I am sore as hell, I helped someone shop lift, I fell down the stairs, nearly got into a physical fight with my dad and melted the stove. What a day. I need a beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home