Friday, October 29, 2004

Melted stoves

Well, the verdict is in today. I did about $350 in damage to the stove. We also had planned on buying new knobs for the controls. That would set us back $100 or so. Then my mom reminded my dad and I that the oven seems to not cook evenly (sometimes it burns stuff, other things end up raw). A new thermostat is going to run about $50. So already, there are $500 worth of problems with a 22 year old stove.

My dad and I went out looking at new stoves. We need one that is all electric, with a downdraft venting system. We are pretty much limited to another Jenn Air or an Amana. Both are made by Mantag. The thing that sucks is most of the new ones have so much plastic on them. Plastic on an oven does not seem like a good thing. Both will cost about $1500 or so.

I commented to my brother that karma is a bitch. My dad got obnoxious with me, and a few minutes later, the stove melted. I did not do anything to cause the grill part of the stove to melt, other than cook steaks for them. It randomly happened.

Also, Osama Bin Laden has aparently come out with a new video tape of himself bitching and moaning about the United States. I don't know if this tape will help Kerry or Bush more. The fact that Bush needs to mention getting Osama Bin Laden, something that he has had three years to do should help Kerry. The fact that Hawaii seems to be in play for Bush has me nervous. But then again, New Jersey was in play in August and Maryland was in play for September. However, both those states are safely in the category for Kerry. I just hope that we can have Kerry win Virginia, and have that put Kerry safely over the top.

In addition, I would like to personally thank all my friends that e-mailed me or called me yesterday and today to ask if I was alright after yesterday. I am fine. I just had a bad day. I am hoping that the rest of today goes better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home