Monday, November 01, 2004

Election Eve 2004

Well, it looks good for Kerry supporters. According to Electoral-Vote.com, Kerry is leading 298 to 231, with New Hampshire (4) and New Mexico (5) as ties. I think Kerry will win both, plus Virginia and Colorado, but loose Florida. This gives Kerry 280 electoral votes with the toss ups, and Kerry gets 302 if he wins both of those upsets. We will see tomorrow.

The Senate does not look that good for now, with maybe a 52 / 47 / 1 split. I think DeMint probably will carry South Carolina, unfortunately. I am holding out hope for a pickup in Oklahoma. Daschle may be gone from South Dakota. I predict an all out effort to get rid of Bill Frist when he is up for re-election. Which is sad, because Allison works for him. Colorado, Florida and Alaska look good though.

I found out some details on the 2005 Dodge Ram. There is a sunroof option on quad cab models, but it cannot be combined with Side Curtain Airbags. They are getting closer, though I would want both on my truck, I would stick with safety over sunlight. Both options look like the black sheep of the options list. I know Side Airbag Rams are very hard to come by. I had to order mine to get them. But then again, I got a very black sheep truck. A Laramie Reg Cab LWB. I have only seen one other like mine, and it had Alaska plates and was driven by a guy my age with a haircut like mine. Can we say Military? Oh, and the manual transmission goes from five gears to six gears. Woohoo! More shifting!

A decision is expected sometime this week on the Baltimore RFP. I think they delayed it until after the municipal elections which are held tomorrow. My gut feeling is we won, though I don't want to wait another two or three years before I can start fixing it up. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I am off to work for now, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home