Thursday, July 31, 2008

What have I been up to?

Fixing Tim's house. It's coming along. We are painting the upstairs bedrooms and kitchen this weekend. Kelly and Freddy are going to come over to help, so I can work more on the joint compound work downstairs. All three coats, mudded and sanded in the living room and dining room should be complete sometime around the 12th of August. Then those can be painted, along with the upstairs hallway. Then painting that weekend and staging the following week so everything is ready for the House Rewarming party.

I still am working on Capitol Hill. It's been slow down there (thank god), though we had another burglary. This time the kid kicked in the door to the back stairwell for units 3&4. The kid then knocked on the door to unit 4, and fortunately the tenant was home. The tenant got a good look at the kid when he answered the door, and gave a solid description to the police. His description of the kid matches my description from last year. Most likely the same kid coming back for more.
I also ran into one of the US Park Police officers I rode with at Dunkin Donuts. He gave me a hard time about not applying with the last process. I just was not up to it yet.

No word on the District Court Commissioner position. Still waiting. I decided to book my plane tickets for Justin and Simi's wedding in Chicago for the last Saturday of August.

My dad's new, final prescription of glasses are in. He's driving solo. He wants a new car. My parents Camry is pushing nine years old, with 150,000 miles on it. It's been reliable, but it's high mileage.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home