Sunday, May 18, 2008

Evil Mega Churches

My younger niece, who is 16, is attending a non denominational bible church.

Those are scary things. On top of it, she is working at Best Buy. I guess if you are going to drink the evil empire's cool-aid, you might as well do it in gulps and not sips. My mom, brother and I are very concerned about this church's influence over my niece. And after seeing what a similar type of church did to my boss, well, I have more reason to be concerned.

Saturday I worked at a fundraiser for the Angie Holtz Scholarship Fund. I enjoyed working with the people. Afterwards, Tim, Ryan, Ryan's friend Leo, and I went out to a Sports Bar in Laurel. I can't remember the name however. Things went pretty well, despite the fact that Dan, Tricia, Shannon and Kelly could not make it. Shannon got tickets to the O's game though her friend Pam, and Chris took Kelly to the O's game. Dan and Tricia backed out of going. So it was just the four and we had a good old time.

Today I installed a new ceiling fan at home. My roommates and I may have to install a new wiring box, because the existing one cannot support the weight of the fan. Ooops. From there I went up to my parents house, running by Target for groceries, Circuit City to redeem my DTV converter box coupons, and Wawa for salads.

The cashier at Circuit City did not know how to redeem the DTV cards. I was sent to customer service, I had to wait in line at customer service, behind complicated returns. Once I got to the front of the line, the customer service cashier was able to ring me up in less than a minute. I was very disappointed with their employee training. No wonder Circuit City is loosing market share to the evil Best Buy.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home