Monday, September 08, 2008

11:11 on my mind

It's 11:11 AM.

It's nearly been a month since I updated my blog last. Tim had a house rewarming party a couple weeks ago. The house was not done, the upstairs hallway needed some remodeling, the bathroom needed it's textured ceilings smoothed off and cracks patched, and the dining room finally painted. But the rest of the house turned out fantastic.

After the party, I went up to Western Maryland for a few days. It was too cold to ride the jet skis, and I ended up giving up after a hour or so. It was a nice relaxing weekend however.

Labor Day weekend, Tim, Dan, Tricia and I flew to Chicago for Justin and Symi's wedding. Friday night we went to a catered light dinner at Symi's mom's condo in Water Tower Place. On Saturday, there was a rehearsal dinner that everyone was invited to. This included a top shelf open bar and a six course meal. Sunday was the actual wedding, which was in a pavilion outside of the Harris Theater. Monday was a brunch at Symi's mom's condo. This was the wedding of a lifetime, something I probably will never see again in my lifetime.

On Thursday I went for a follow up interview with the District Court Commissioner's office. I think I hit it out of the park. I normally give a very good interview. I know I did better than I did back in June.

As far as the political season this year, I think the Democrats are in for a rout this year. Also, Sarah Palin is a basketcase that was not fully vetted. Yes, she is firing up the conservative base that previously was unenthusiastic. However, she may drive moderates towards Obama, or other third party candidates. Also the fact that Electoral-Vote.com shows that Obama is in the lead in North Dakota. Who would have ever thought that a Republican candidate would be in trouble in North Dakota or Indiana? This is going to be an interesting election, to say the least.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home