Thursday, April 24, 2008

Counting on a Wing and a Prayer

The weather today was very very nice. So nice my allergies kicked into overdrive. Oh well, so is spring. At work I did gardening, sprayed for weeds and bugs, and went on the roof to investigate where the leaks could be.

Today I turned in an application to be a District Court Commissioner. The pay starts in the mid 40K range. A perfectly acceptable salary. I also picked up, and dropped off a ride along form for US Park Police. My sister rounded up a list of jobs with Northrop Grumman I can qualify for. Loosing my job in 6-7 weeks has been a unnerving process for me, that's for sure. But at least I know I am not the only other person looking for a job. André suddenly lost his job last week and has been frantically searching for one too.

Hillary Clinton won Pennsylvania. No shock there. The 10% win was slightly higher than I expected (6%-8% was my prediction) What was surprising was the fact that Barrack Obama carried Dauphin, Lancaster, and Union Counties. Dauphin County has a +10 Republican registration advantage. Lancaster PA has the largest concentration of Puerto Ricans by percentage outside Puerto Rico. Union County just leaves my head scratching. Spill over from neighboring Centre County (where Penn State is located)? Any thoughts?

My birthday party is coming up on May 2nd. As usual, K9 John won't be able to make it. For some reason the idea of putting K9 John, Tara, Shawon, André, Shannon and Tim all in the same place at the same time seems like a John Waters movie in the making. Actually my life in a lot of ways is like a bad John Waters movie. At least there have been no chickens harmed in the living of my life.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home