Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Forget the Pope, I saw Cobert

The pope is visiting Washington DC right now. Blah, I really could care less.

Instead, Dan, Tricia, Shannon and I went to Philadelphia on Monday to a taping of the Colbert Report. Shannon scored free tickets online. We drove up in my Accord, had lunch at Abner's Cheesesteaks. Lunch was very good, though if we had gone to the gentleman's club in the basement, we could have got the same lunch for free. At 5:00, we got admitted to the taping, which started at 7:00. He interviewed Mayor Nutter and Chris Matthews. I was about six rows back, stage left. Kelly TiVo'ed it, I need to ride up to Burtonsville to watch it. It was exciting to watch a TV show being taped, though I think I would have preferred to have been there for Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton. But this was his first taping outside of his studio in New York. The University of Pennsylvania campus where the filming took place was amazing. It reminded me of a good cross between the University of Baltimore and the University of Maryland College Park. The ride back was peaceful too. $20 for parking, $19 for tolls, and 32 MPG average for the Accord. Plus I finally got to clinch I-495 in Delaware, completing all interstate mileage in Delaware.

Rewind to Sunday. I volunteered at the Comcast Center at the University of Maryland College Park working a concessions stand for my high school reunion committee. However, the event on Sunday was the Capital Classic, a basketball tournament. Turnout was extremely low, which will have cut back on the profit our reunion committee will make. Oh well, but it was a good time, and it gave me a chance to see some friends from high school.

Well, good night friends.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home