Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't ever go looking at eBay

Don't ever go looking at eBay, it may make you depressed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-PASSAT-PKG2-SPORT-PKG-RARE-6SPEED-NASHVILLE_W0QQitemZ380018712745QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, this is almost the car I *wanted* when I bought my Accord. By the time I was ready to buy, the dealership was only able to locate two 2007 Passats with a manual trans with package 2. One was in Illinois and it had all sorts of boy racer bodywork stuff done to it, inflating the window sticker past $35,000. The other one was in Washington state and had Navigation, Dynamo Audio, Xenon headlights, and all sorts of other luxuries that zoomed that price to over $36,000 sticker. I really could not afford either. What I wanted was a strict Package 2 with rear seat side airbags, which stickered for roughly $28,000. If I had been able to buy a month earlier, I probably could have got what I wanted. The 2008 models could not be ordered with a sunroof, which gave me the go ahead to look closer at the Accord, which is what I ended up with.

The other thing I did today was lay in bed in extreme pain. I must have pulled a chest muscle pretty bad because I felt like I was having a heart attack. After talking to André, his opinion was that I pulled a muscle. That's a relief.

Yesterday I went and got my eyes examined. My prescription improved, to -2.25 from -2.50. I ordered a years worth of contact lenses. If I squint, without my contacts in, I can read the 20/100 line, which is required to get a federal law enforcement job. I also bought a pair of non prescription sunglasses, which came in handy after my eyes were dilated and I looked like a Japanese cartoon characters' eyes. Afterwards I went to work and did gardening at both the main buildings, making them look good for open house tours.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home