Monday, January 23, 2006

The Results

I had my Maryland State Police agility test at 8 AM today at the Wayne Curry Sports and Learning Complex in Landover, Maryland. You had to do 18 pushups in a minute or less, 27 situps in a minute or less, a sit and reach score of 16.4 or better, a 1.5 mile run in 15:19 or less and then do 10 trigger pulls in each hand. Well, guess what? I PASSED!!!!!!! I banged out my pushups in about 25 seconds, my situps in about 30-35 seconds, my sit and reach was about 17.5", and my run time was somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00. When I was on lap 12 of 12, they called out the last five minutes warning. One person lapped me around the track, and six others passed me, but generally I was only slightly behind them. Out of the sixty or so taking the test, about 35-40 were left afterwards. While the test was only geared to the 40th percentile, I have some doubts to what type of person they were using to evaluate with. But overall, I am satisifed with the results of my test. I have definitely come a long way since August when I first started working out at the gym. Between loosing about 35 pounds and just overall working out, it helped me obtain a passing score.

Then at 1:30 today, the written test was administered at the Maryland State Police headquarters in Pikesville MD. The test was tricky, but nothing someone who studied the guide could not pass. I will know those results in 1-2 weeks.

I am proud of my progress, but I still need to do more conditioning to be ready for the academy.

Well, I am off to dinner with a friend here in Baltimore. I will post something else later.

1 Comments:

At 3/22/2006 1:03 PM, Blogger UU-Mom said...

I happened across your blog today. Good to see someone paying attention to south county. I created web sites for Accokeek, Brandywine, and Camp Springs - the ABCs of south county ;-) and PGCares.com, but I'm too busy to keep up with them. Would you like a link if I ever get around to editing them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home