Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Finally, I can log in.

Sorry about the long delays between posts. It seems that blogspot goes down quite frequently.

I got censored on some of my posts, I assume for using cursewords.

Anyhow. My dad is in the hospital. On Tuesday November 30th, I took my dad to the hospital complaining of chest pains. He was finally transferred Washington Hospital Center on Saturday December 4th. He had an angiogram the following day, and it revealed he will need heart bypass surgery. He had a triple bypass surgery done twelve years ago. It was botched, and two of the bypasses failed. Since 1992, he has had countless angioplastys with stents put in. His heart condition may explain why he was being such a jerk. It does not give him an excuse, just an explanation.

Robin had her baby. It was a girl, 8 pounds 12.5 ounces. Her name is going to be Anna Marie ______ Embry. I can't remember what Anna Marie's middle name is, unfortunately. I have too many other things on my mind. At least the baby was completely healthy. Mom is recovering well. Dad is very proud of his handiwork.

Indian Head Maryland has made the national news. Ecoterrorism is the key word. A whole bunch of luxury homes have been torched while under construction. Dumb point, but what if burning up the homes ended up catching the woods on fire, burning down the Magnolia bogs, the same ones they were trying to save from destruction? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Lets be honest here. Suburban sprawl is here to stay, and the bogs are in a state forest. There was a buffer planned into the community. I was pretty satisfied with the plans. And honestly, if I hear one more time that close in suburbs should be developed first, I will scream. The close in suburbs in Virginia and Montgomery County are developed. In Prince George's County, there are very large plots of land that are undeveloped, inside the Beltway. There is a reason for this. The quality of Government services, the quality of shopping and the quality of recreation in Prince George's County is lacking. The county is hemorrhaging white people at an alarming rate. I honestly can't think of any white person that is racing to buy a house in Prince George's County. If I hear them talk about moving somewhere and buying a house it is either in DC, Virginia, Montgomery County, Baltimore or one of the outer ring counties (Charles, Calvert, Anne Arundel, Howard, Frederick). If you take this into consideration, it makes sense that these properties were located where they were. The developers are giving people what they want. Ecoterrorism is not effective in the long run.

Speaking of quality development. I wrote a letter into the City of Baltimore in regards to the zoning hearing on 2225 Linden Avenue. I stated my reasons of why it should be denied. One of my favorite lines from the letter was "outright capricious disregard for zoning laws." Hehehehehe. I think his request will be denied.

Anyhow, I have a long day ahead of me, with a lot more to complain about, but at this point, I need to cut it short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home