Saturday, November 27, 2004

A long, long time between posts.

Thanksgiving went pretty good. I missed having my nieces here, they were with their father and step mother. We ate late, my mom did not get the turkey on the grill until 1:00, which meant we ate at like 8:30. That was fine for my sister and her BF though. They went to her BF's parent's place in Merrifeld VA before coming over and ate dinner there around noon. The turkey turned out wonderful as usual. We cook it on a Holland Grill. This year, I cut a slit in the top of the turkey and stuffed butter under the skin. I seasoned it with Kings Arm Meat seasoning, which is available in Williamsburg VA. Then it was stuffed with Oyster dressing. Couple that with putting it on the grill and then having two lumps of charcoal in the wood chip smoker thingie, it gave the turkey a very gentle charcoal taste. Everyone loved the turkey.

On Monday, my brother had to put his dog to sleep. She was only ten years old, pretty young for a cocker spaniel. She had cancer, we tried treating it, but it came back and spread too. She stopped eating on Saturday. So we are trying to figure out what type of dog my brother wants.

I've been working lately. Whatever day when it has not been raining. That's a good thing, I now will have some pay checks coming in. Christmas is a time when you need paychecks. :-)

Carol offered to do my plans for my house in Baltimore. I am trying to convince her to get her Maryland stamp so I don't have to take them to someone else who has a stamp. She told me that recessed lighting is going out of style. I personally like recesed lighting, but if that is true, I'm going to be rethinking a lot of my lighting ideas.

I saw my friend JR on Tuesday. He has a top secret government law enforcement job that takes him all over the country. He's a good guy, I wish I could hang out with him more.

I hope Robin has her baby soon. It is still inside her and is over nine pounds. Big baby. I never thought I would be using the words "Robin" and "baby" in the same sentence as it applies to her. I think the baby will probably call me Uncle Matt as he or she gets older.

Next weekend I go to Chatanoga TN to participate in Trashmasters with Tim, Trish and Adam. Tim, Trish and I are driving the Camry, leaving the Ram for my parents. Hehehehe.

Anyhow, it is time for me to put up Christmas lights.

HASH(0x8c7a410)
You're British Columbia. You're hip and happenin'
but also a nice person who isn't a snob. Career
is important to you but it isn't your whole
life. People assume that your life is perfect
and that you have it all, like you were born
with a silver spoon in your mouth. But it's not
true; you do have your own set of troubles just
like everybody else.


What Canadian Province Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home