Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Frodo fails, Carol visits.

Saturday night, I got to watch some bad movies with Guy, Carol, Tim, Trish, Justin and two other people I can't recall their names right now. I missed most of Baby genius, however, I got to see all of White Chicks and Catwoman. I liked White Chicks enough that I could have got away with buying it. Catwoman was very boring to watch. Tim and I ended up going to IHOP afterwards, because we were both hungry for a snack.

André had his 30th Birthday Party on Sunday night. Tara, Tim and I all attended. Before hand, the three of us went to Target in Greenbelt and bought him some presents. We got him a Latisha barbie doll and a ceramic fish. I ran into Rachel, I had not seen her since Grad Night for high school. She's living in Springhill Lake with her BF, until he finds a better job so they can move somewhere nicer. We exchanged phone numbers, hopefully we will get to hangout sometime. André's party went pretty well and the food was excellent. I highly recommend Brazilian barbecue.

As a side note: I had to IM Canine John to figure out the name and location of this restaurant. André promised he would e-mail me the info, and never did that. I looked up Brazilian restaurants in the phone book. None listed in Rockville. Since I knew it was on Rockville Pike, I had enough info to ask Canine John where it was. Of course, he knew where it was, thank god. And shortly after I was done chatting with John, André calls me with directions. Dolt.

On Monday, I worked on Capitol Hill. Only could bill for four hours, but that was OK. I saw an interesting bumper sticker on a early 1990s Chrysler minivan. "Frodo failed. Bush has the rings." Huh? I asked Tim what it meant, it is a reference to Lord of the Rings. He explained the saga and that bumper sticker does completely explain how things are right now. Bush does have the rings.

On Tuesday, I worked on Capitol Hill again. I called 311 to get the #2 in command at Friendship House ticketed or towed for parking in the alley. He does it every day with his powder blue 1997-2004 F-150. Never mind the tags expired in August 2004, and he peeled the year sticker off the plates. This is the same guy I had a run in with back in August. At that time, he cursed at me when I asked him to move his truck back a few feet. Ever since then, when I see his truck parked in the alley, I call it into 311. I can imagine the ad for Mastercard:

"Cell phone - $95 a month.
Truck payment to go to work - $310 a month.
Seeing the #2 in command's vehicle get towed for illegally parking - priceless"

Later in the day, I got to see Carol Schwartz (at large Republican in the DC city council) in person. She was coming out of the house where Former President Bush was sited last year. What amazed me is she has a rear end of a black woman. Something I never saw on TV before. My god, she had a plump butt.

Also, apparently, Ben Stein is on some Faux news program every couple of nights or so. That probably eliminates him as being Deep Throat.

Later today, I get to do more mindless repairs at the Rental Property. :-)

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home