Monday, February 07, 2005

Roxie Ann.

No, she's not a hooker.

$90, $159, $245 per credit hour.

The $90 is for in county residents, $159 is for residents of Maryland that don't live in Prince George's County and $245 for people that are residents of somewhere else. As you can see, there is a financial benefit to finding an address in Prince George's County and saying you live there.

Well, our last tennant in the rental property let a Roxie Ann Robertson use her address to register. I'm on hold with the Community College to find out how to get this woman to pay back tuition.

I know this sounds vendictive, and it is. However, Prince George's Community College in county students pay some of the highest rates for CC's in the state. Every time a person "uses" an address and does this, it increases rates for real county residents such as myself. As an alumni of Prince George's Community College, I benefited from my Criminal Justice coursework, and enjoyed my time there. However, I think it is wrong for students to do this. Some of my friends used county addresses, and had moved to other places. I thought it was wrong then, and I think it is wrong now. But at the same time, it had never been on my watch and they were not using an address that I was in charge of. This woman was using our address, and that is just plain wrong.

Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home