Saturday, January 22, 2005

Hello from New England

Well, I finally made it up here. The past five years, I have had four trips up here canceled. First was the 1999 ski trip to Vermont with Sherrie, Paul, Stacy Ann, and Anthony. Canceled because I had to write an essay. Then there was the 2001 trip up here to visit Rob. Canceled because Rob's work schedule in the Post 9/11 world was too eratic to have me come visit. My 2003 visit was canceled because I did not have a car. My Christmas 2004 visit was nixed because of my dad's health. But I made it up here. Amazing, considering it was snowing pretty much the whole drive up here.

BUT I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

The cold is not too bad, I'm dealing with it really well. Even better than many of the natives.

On Thursday, Tim and I got to go to the Yankee Candle flagship store, and then we drove the extra few miles to Battleboro VT and Hinsdale NH. On Friday, Tim and I drove up to Augusta ME. I got to see the state capitol, plus visit the Maine Law Enforcment Officers Memorial. On the way back, we stopped in Freeport, which basically is what happens when an outlet mall takes over a small New England town. Today, we are supposed to visit Russ before the snow starts really coming down. Supposed to is the key word, because he's right now fighting a house fire in the town where he is the fire chief. Because of the impending blizzard, it looks like I won't be getting to Providence RI or Boston. Not the end all be all, but it would have been nice to get to see both again after nearly 20 years. I probably won't get to see Rob either, because he is moving from one house to another, the blizzard and his work schedule.

So far I have clinched some new milage of interstate. I-684 in NY & CT, I-84 in CT & MA, I-91 in MA, I-291 in MA, I-391 in MA, I-190 in MA, I-290 in MA, I-95 in NH, I-195 in ME, I-295 in ME, I-495 in ME. I have roughly finished 1/2 of I-495 in MA, 1/2 of I-90 in MA, and some other odds and ends. I hope to get some of I-384 in CT, I-395 in MA, I-691 in CT and another 3DI (either it's a x91 or x84 in CT near Harford) on the way back. I'm also going to get the remaining pieces of I-295 in NJ, and I-95 in NJ, PA and DE on the way home. Believe it or not, I have never been to Philly. That will leave the Augusta - Holden ME and Daytona - Homestead FL pieces of I-95 that would be undone.

Anyhow, I probably should get off this computer and go out and enjoy more of the +5°F weather before the snow starts flying hard.

See you guys when I get back to Maryland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home