Saturday, April 26, 2008

Should I Really be Doing This?

On Thursday at work, one of the tenants complained to me that I was making their building too nice. I guess since that building is under contract and going to settlement in early June, I should have scaled back the flowers a little bit. However, all the neighbors appreciated that I was making the building look as nice as I did last year. The grass is perfect, the flowers are looking great, and everything is clean and neat outside. I take pride in how the buildings I maintain are kept, both from a superficial standpoint (flowers, grass, clean common areas) and a mechanical standpoint (no leaking faucets, things installed properly, no roof leaks, no peeling paint). The care I put forth shows and is truly appreciated by our tenants and all around us.

Also on Thursday, my sister called me, spent over two hours on the phone with me discussing my Resume. She asked about my duties at each job I worked at. I think she is starting from scratch because my Resume looked like a college English project (it was).

On Friday, I took the day off of work. I scheduled my ride along with the US Park Police for 6 PM through 2 AM. I also mailed my paperwork back to the District Court, went to Target to get some groceries and health care products, got the Accord washed and cleaned out, and some laundry. I arrived at the US Park Police D-1 Substation at 5:45, got to watch roll call. My first impression of their officers were that they were very proud of their jobs, to help people, but not to the point they feel the urge to over power people that are honest with them. They may not have a flashy take home car program, or fancy computers in their cars. They just do their patrol duties in a more pure, old school way. I was extremely impressed, to the point I thought... "Why would I ever want to be a Trooper?" That question goes a lot deeper, but I think if I had done this ride along back in late 2005, I would have chosen the US Park Police ahead of Maryland State Police, not in a heartbeat, but with a lot of thinking things over. Hopefully when I apply, I will have better luck. In the end, things might after all work out for the better.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home