Friday, December 31, 2004

Haircuts, Hairy moments with a tenant.

Well, I cut my dad's hair today. I guess that is a switch from what I said yesterday. I guess I was feeling sorry for him.

Yesterday my mom and I went over to my parents rental property. The tenants are moving out, and were really nasty to us. First we could not get in the house, because they had changed the locks and not provided us with a new key. Earlier in the month, the tenant gave 30 days notice and gave us the difference between the security deposit and the monthly rent. However, that's not how a tenant is supposed to do things. She claims because she had never had her name on the lease, she could do whatever she pleased. Anyhow, the house needs some work, but most of it was normal wear and tear stuff, or was related to the fact that the house is nearly 37 years old. That's not her responsibility. However the tenants mother got involved and was playing the race card and was complaining that they needed to move on from this house and whatnot. Even the high school age daughter had to say "Grandma, stop it". So far the place needs a new fridge (the existing one broke and the tenant called and told us that she would buy a new one on her own), new wall oven (37 years old, parts inside are starting to rust out), wall paper removed, new carpeting on the stairs, painting the entire house, some patching on the walls, etc. Overall the place was not in awful shape, but not in great shape. It looked like five years of a renter living in it.

apparently Maryland is getting on board of signing the Eisenhower Interstate Highway shields along interstates in Maryland. I was wondering when Maryland would, considering most other states already do. So far I have seen them on I-95 Northbound near mile marker 3 and 28, on I-97 Southbound near mile marker 22, and on I-270 near mile marker 1.

Also, according to Rem, the plywood was taken off 2211. Someone got in there. I hope no one took any historical molding or whatnot.

Well, I wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope everyone stays safe tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home