Sunday, February 27, 2005

Return to New England

You must think I am crazy. You must think I am insane.

Seriously, I am going back to New England, tonight, leaving in a few minutes. Tim's grandmother is dying. There are no flights left to the Northeast, because of a little snowfall that is going to hit the Mid Atlantic and move up the coast. We will litterally be a few hours ahead of the snow the entire drive. I need coffee.

Oh yes, other things that developed:

I was paid $500 today to help my boss move stuff from one location to another. Lots of antiques. I'm buying a Xbox and a Nintendo Game Cube with this money.

My dad is going blind. After his doctors apointment on Tuesday, he will find out if he will be able to continue driving.

The rental property is going to gain hard wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

I don't like the architect's conseptual plans for my hosue in Baltimore. I don't want a four bedroom house. I want a seven bedroom house. I don't want to move my stairs around. I don't want to remove my servants stairs.

Anyhow, it is time for me to go pack my bags.

See you later this week.

A few minutes later:

I heard the sound of brakes squeeling and then a loud crash sound outside. I go out to the street, there is construction debris all over the road. I called it into DPW&T. Dumping construction stuff all over the middle of a road, on a blind curve and hill is So Prince George's County.

2 Comments:

At 2/28/2005 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think you were about 8-12 hours ahead of the snow. It is now 9 am and thus far I have seen only flurries, which began around 7 am. Although, I looked at a radar map around 7 am and I saw a big hole in the precipitation around the District, so it could be an anomaly.

I imagine you got out of this area around 9 pm -- I am being generous, as I know how long it takes for you to get ready :-) -- and arrived in Worcester 4-5 am, so regardless, you were several hours ahead of the snow. I would like to someday do such an overnight drive, but preferably in happier times. Give Tim my support.

Dan

 
At 2/28/2005 9:03 PM, Blogger Colonial Palaterp said...

No... I don't think you're crazy... actually, I think you're awesome for doing this (understating)...

Didn't actually start snowing here in the DC area until about 7-9 am (ish) or so... I'll be very surprised if it started newing in NE way too much beforehand... if it did, I have a feeling you gents outran it...

At any rate. I hope you guys made it over to Cape Cod safely. Hoping all is well, for the circumstances... and as you know. I'll be here for you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home