Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A new camera

Well, the damage is done. $1600 in new appliances for the rental property. The fridge was $600, a Kenmore 75952. Interestingly, this is not energy star compliant, yet the energy star compliant one is $750, and gets the same kilowatt hour score. Interesting. The new cooktop is a Fridigaire FGC30S4AS in white. The big advantage on this is it has sealed burners, which is less to clean. The new wall oven is a 24" gas Fridigaire #FGB24S5AS in white. The main advantage to this oven is it has a self clean mode. I'm taking the door panel on the dishwasher and flipping it from almond to white. The main advantage to this is I can make it white for no cost to my parents. I have not decided on a new range hood, but that will be in white. I'm donating the washer and dryer I was given from Capitol Hill to the rental property, since they work well and are only a few years old, and best of all, they are free and not being used at the moment. My parents can get more rent for the place, and if they break, they buy new ones.

The damage is done. My digital camera died a few days ago, eating about 50-60 pictures, including a bunch that Dan and I took down in Southern Maryland, some taken at New Years, some taken at the first Linden Tree LLC meeting after winning the RFP. The new digital camera is a Kodak Easy Share LS753. It's a 5 MegaPixel camera, my old one was a Fuji 2.1 MP camera. I bought a 512 meg card for the camera too. In total, the package set me back $350 at Sams Club, or roughly about $60 more than I wanted to spend. But I bought a better camera than I was planning too. The new camera is not much larger than my cell phone, and only marginally heavier. The old camera was the size of a brick. The new one can record audio with video, has A/V outputs, a bigger LCD, etc.

I leave for Worcester MA on Wednesday, I should be back in time for a Linden Tree LLC meeting on Sunday at 6 PM. I might have come up with a solution to the pricing issue. Stay tuned to see if it works.

It's time for me to go to bed. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home