Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Back from New England

Tim's grandmother died on Tuesday at about 4:45 AM. I pass along my sympathy to his entire family.

Tim got back to the DC area around 10:15 PM from New Jersey, we left the DC area around 10:30, got into Falmouth MA around 7 AM. Tim and I ended up not going to Worcester, but directly to Cape Cod, because of the gravity of the situation. The drive up was super easy, two stops for coffee, one in Maryland near Joppatowne and one in New Jersey at Fort Lee was all I needed to make the all night drive. Road conditions were good, we outran the snow by a large margin. I prefer driving at night, the traffic is nice and light and the idots are sleeping. Tim got to say goodbye to his grandmother. The entire imediate family made it to town, one came from Hawaii, another from Californa, one from Florida and of course Tim from DC. I can offically say I have clinched I-195 in RI and MA, giving me all milage of interstate in RI. Too bad it was not for a happy trip though.

I drove back from MA today though. I left Falmouth at around 10:45 AM. Made good time until I got to Bridgeport CT. Got stuck in a five mile rolling backup. Just as I was about to start heading towards Long Island, I called my mom. My dad was being admitted to the hospital in Baltimore. So I just stuck with I-95. Big mistake. It took me a hour to drive about 3/4 of a mile on the Cross Bronx Expressway. I ended up bailing and taking the expressway service road and some surface streets. New Yorkers are scared of my truck. No one pushed me around. I also got stuck in Wilmington DE's rush hour. Blah. I got to Baltimore, and had my mom follow me home, since she had no clue how to get home from the hosptial.

Aparently my dad has an infection in his optic nerve. They are giving him injections to reduce the swelling to determine what should be done next. I am guessing some sort of surgery. I'll be focused on my dad for the next couple days, instead of going to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home