Saturday, August 06, 2005

Goodbye Carmel

We had to put the collie to sleep on Friday. It was a difficult thing to do, but the right thing. He stopped eating after he collapsed Wednesday night, stopped drinking on Thursday night. He was yelping and wimpering starting Friday morning. When we took him to the vet, she said it was definitely the right time for him. I feel relieved that we did the right thing, and we were not doing it because he was just inconvienient to have around.

The big thing now is getting a new dog, and my parents are about to have a fight over it. They seem to be leaning heavily towards having a Dashound, I want a Lab. I hate dashounds. I HATE THEM. My parents excuse is "Well, you won't have to live with the dog." But in reality, I will have to live with the dog, because I still live with them, and if their health further deterorates, I will probably have to take care of the dog. I just feel like my parents are not considering how I feel, like every other dog they have ever got. They bought what they wanted, and what they got were dogs I did not even like.

My first full workout at the gym was a success. Today I just go back to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then I am off to Capitol Hill to get some work done. Tomorow I go to Kings Dominion with Tim.

And I bid everyone a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home