Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I guess back to the swing of things

Well, I'm going to be back in the habit of blogging again. I took a short break while I recovered from being kicked out of my parents house, and moving in with my brother. I am investigating permanant housing, either solo in Waldorf, or with Tara and Dan as roommates in Silver Spring or Takoma Park. I'm concerned that I might not be able to afford to have my own place, and considering my commute from Waldorf to DC is costing me about $500 a month in gas, Takoma Park is looking better.

I picked up a new client on Friday. Their son called me to ask if I could unpack from a move from a house to an apartment. The work is in Chevy Chase, a pretty long haul from Waldorf. However, work is work, and I got started on Sunday, with a four hour run of unpacking books, lamps, china and vases. The people were very plesant to work with, unfortunately, their health is failing. The husband has an artifical leg, and the wife is undergoing chemotheropy for cancer. Both are in great spirits however, and are looking forward to getting their life back in order.

I went to the rental property to haul garbage to the dump. My dad was there, he yelled at me the entire time, accusing me of doing things that I had not done, and accusing me of not doing things that he had asked, but I had either done or he had not asked for. He's still quite unreasonable.

I went to the Home Depot in Oxon Hill on Friday, and bought a prehung door. However, I did not inspect the door closely, and it ends up someone had bought it before, and tried to install it, and then returned it. It went back on the shelf, and I bought it. When I got it to Capitol Hill, the frame came apart. I tried to take the door back to the Home Depot in NE DC, and Oxon Hill. Both stores refused to return it, citing policy that they can refuse returns of items that are not saleable. However, what happens when the item is marginally saleable, and then falls apart? I went to the Home Depot on Waldorf today, and bought the same door again, and when I was loading it into my truck, I noticed the frame was coming apart. I took it back into the store, and asked the clerk for store credit. She copped an attitude with me. Yes, it's easier for them to credit it back to my credit card, however, it will take three days to process that way, and I would have to make another $75 charge on my card, again, putting my card close to over the limit. However, to give store credit involves about three extra touches of the computer touch screen and scanning a card. Not rocket science. At least I was able to go to Capitol Heights Home Depot to get a working door, and it was installed today. In the process, I trapped myself in the bathroom, because the anchor that holds the door in place during instalation, would not pop out like it was supposed to. A tennant had to help free me.

I ordered my computer on Saturday from Circuit City. It's a HP Media Center Photosmart Desktop PC, model M7170N. I also ordered a HP 19" LCD monitor for Tim, he reimbursed me. And to top it off, I ordered a HP Color Laser Printer, 2550. I have wanted a color laser printer for a long time, and they have finally hit a price I can afford. I will be getting $170 in rebates in about ten weeks too, which will be a good thing. My old desktop will be shipped to Florida, to be given to a friend that needs a better computer.

My workout routine at the gym is going well. I can handle running on the treadmill better, I can handle weights better, and I have noticed a drop in my weight. All good things, I really want to become a State Trooper now, more than anything.

I guess that's everything. Good night my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home