Thursday, March 10, 2005

And why are we not surprised?

The first shocker:
Today was my dad's 71st birthday. He was in a fowl mood. I took him to the rental property to do some work. He really wants to work, but the entire time he is crying and he takes 30 minute breaks after working for ten minutes. I would feel more sorry for him, if he was not cursing at me and making my life a living hell.

The second shocker:
I'm doing well with my Futurama game for my XBox. I am so surprised I did not get one of these gaming systems before. Oh well.

The third shocker:
Aparently Wal Mart wants to open a Supercenter in Dunkirk MD. The locals, as usual, are opposed to it opening. They claim it will kill small business. What small business? Wal Mart does not compete against dry cleaners, or most any of the rest of the businesses in Dunkirk, at least directly. There are no clothing stores, no shoe stores, who the hell would buy hardware at Wal Mart (except in a pinch), Blockbuster won't close because of a Wal Mart. Calvert County has an ordinance that would make the Wal Mart too large. The solution? Split the store into two or three stores, each with it's own cash registers, bathrooms and whatnot, and connect them via a breezeway. The supermarket would be in one part, the general merchandice would be in a second part, and the home improvement center would round out the third part. I gotta admire Wal Mart's slipperyness on this idea. Oh yes, and it would be the first Wal Mart to ever be constructed in this way in the United States. Calvert County's other claim to fame: The oldest Pontiac dealer still in opperation is in Prince Frederick.

And for the fourth shocker:




1985 by Bowling for Soup





"Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin?
And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen?
When did reality become T.V.?
What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows?"

You took the bitter with the sweet in 2004 - and kept laughing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home