Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Looking for Ladder 49.

Trying to buy a copy of Ladder 49 was not the easiest thing in the world. I went to Wal Mart, K-Mart and Blockbuster Video in Clinton. All three were sold out. I ended up going to Bowie to Wal Mart, and I was able to get both a widescreen and a full screen copy. Good for me. My house is at 18:23 in the movie, the one with flames coming out. My reference point is Paul's house at 2240 has form stone on it. Three houses up is 2246, and it has flames coming out the 3rd floor window. The castle still has phone booths in front of it, so the scenes were filmed before July 2003. The grafiti on the brick next to my front door is still present to this day. The rats are coming down the stairs from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor. Then I think they transition into Kate's house, Because there is no such massive damage in my house, and Kate's has huge amounts of damage. Then it transitions to a scene outside my house.

I can point out other "flaws" in the movie. Why would a fire unit, based in the North East part of the city go up Fulton Ave. to get to my house? Why would they be shopping at the Save-A-Lot in Fells Point? I can continue on down the line.

The "Check Engine" light is on in the Camry. I was cruising along, came to a traffic light. The car spuddered and then the light came on. Then the car started to burn gas like my old hooptie van. I guess it will have to go in for it's 120,000 mile service a little earlier than planned (the odometer is at 117,500 or so). We average about 22,000 miles a year on the Camry.

The head of the Franchise that owns the McDonalds called my parents house yesterday. I was not home to take the call. My dad explained the situation. The owner said that they had replaced the manager last week. I think the new manager was the guy that went off on me. I've been too busy with the house to get my complaints filed with the AG's office and the BBB.

My dad believes that he is getting some of his sight back. He's been testing his eyes every day and he can see more and more out of the right eye, the one that was basically blind. Either he is adapting, or the damage is somewhat reversable. I'm glad to hear this, because I am going to need his help to renovate my house, the one mentioned above, used in the movie Ladder 49.

Anyhow, back to the movie. They just had the goose scene.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home