Saturday, July 16, 2005

A nice man, on a nice day, jumped off the (Gov.) Nice Bridge.

This weekend, I-95 Northbound as it crosses from Virginia into Maryland is shut from it's normal three lanes to one lane, as traffic is shifted to a new alignment as part of construction of a replacement Woodrow Wilson Bridge. VDOT is advising motorists to use US 301 to travel North, to avoid the workzone.

However, some idiot decided to jump off the US 301 bridge over the Potomac River, closing it for nearly 90 minutes. God that nice man picked a nice day to jump off the Nice Bridge.

I am enroled in a boating safety course at Prince George's Community College. I've already gone to the first two classes, the last class will be on Monday July 18, where I will take my boating test. Spending time up at PGCC brings back lots of good memories of 1998 and 1999 when I was a full time student of Criminal Justice there. Lots of cars held together with duct tape and inccorect parts abound in the parking lot. I saw a 1997-1999 Toyota Camry with the trunk lid from a 2000-2001 Camry parked in the lot. That's So Prince George's Community College.

Aparently Carl Rove is in a heap of trouble for being the leak. My prediction is that President Bush will fire him within the next two weeks.

The Linden Ave properties still have not gone before the State Board of Estimates. I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with this project, because it seems at every turn, the City of Baltimore is stalling out on holding up to their end of the bargan.

I am very busy with work. I still have two things left to do on the rental property before it can be turned over to tennants. There are other delays because of the landscaper, the plumber and my dad doing the tile work. A project that could have been knocked out in two months, if timed properly, has stretched out to nearly eight months. I want the monkey off my shoudlers, the money I am owed in my pocket, and the free time to get focused on Linden Ave and doing ride alongs. Latest thought: Maryland State Police. I've been told I would make a great Trooper.

OK, who knows when I will blog again. LOL. Everyone have a great summer and stay safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home