Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I have to admit

I have to admit; I like the new play list at 107.3.

The question though is this some sort of ratings stunt or a real wake up call here in DC with a major radio personality calling the entire industry onto the carpet? Either way, the outcome sounds the same to me. I've noticed that the radio personalities on 107.3 sound more cheerful than they have sounded in the past, and I can't predict what they will play next. Yes, they are still playing Maroon 5, but not every hour. I have a feeling that this expanded play list is here to stay, and demographic ratings management will be loosened up enough. DC needed a jack of all trades radio station. 107.3 and Z-104 were virtual clones of each other, both playing off the same small demographic plate. Granted, I wish the 107.3 play list would play more R&B music, I've yet to hear any Toni Braxton, Whitney Houston, Monica, Montel Jordan, or any of the like. I predict that some will filter in, giving the station even more variety that was sorely needed. Right now on the air: Passion by Rod Stewart.

Now to transition to another subject. Already this year, I have been to every county in Maryland, Delaware and Connecticut. On Saturday, I visited Carroll, Frederick, Washington, Allegheny and Garrett Counties. On Monday, I visited Talbot, Dorchester, Wicomico, Somerset, Worcester, and Caroline Counties yesterday. Add in the fact I got Kent County DE and Sussex County DE too, and the rest were either covered by my trips to MA, or a going to the new years party in St. Mary's County, or my run to Dunkirk Supply, and I will have officially got every county in Maryland this year. Delaware too, because when I came back from Rehobeth Beach, I took DE/MD 16, instead of 404 across Delaware, and 16 briefly goes into Kent County before crossing into Maryland.

Now it's Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day transitioned to Bonnie Rait's Love's Sneaking Up on You. Which I have not heard on 107.3 in like five years. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home