Monday, October 10, 2005

Ha!

Ha! This year, 2005, keeps getting more and more interesting.

I had my interview with the barracks commander. I think it went well. He seemed interested in having me join the State Police. He gave me the paperwork to go forward with the "Initial Interview", with a real recruiter. The date for that is November 15. Though I had an embarrassing setback after the interview. I lost my debit card either at the interview or at Sams Club. I had to call the barrack commander to ask if my card was found (it was not). I called PNC, got the existing one canceled, and got a new one issued at a cost of $7.50.

After the meeting with the commander, I left for a relaxing weekend away at Deep Creek Lake. I was near Grantsville, heading West on I-68. I got a phone call from an area code 540 number that I did not recognize. I answered the phone. They asked me if I had entered a contest at the County Fair. I had. They asked me some other questions. It ends up I either won $30K towards a new car, a crappy vacation, or $500 in cash. I will be receiving an envelope in the mail that I am supposed to take to my attorney to read over. Interesting stuff. Quite interesting indeed.

My mom has ordered me some new dishes. Fiestaware. Some of it is in shamrock, some is in sea mist. I got a 4 sets of five piece place settings in sea mist, a 7" covered butter dish in sea mist, a 1 quart pasta bowl in shamrock, and a sugar and creamer with tray in shamrock. I later in the day went to the manufacturers website and ordered two round candleholders in juniper and a utensil crock in juniper. The juniper color has been discontinued, which means it is a collectible item, plus I like the color. Also the sea mist will be discontinued at the end of the year, which makes any sea mist stuff good to get.

My work life is going pretty well. My workout routine is going OK. It's kinda frustrating sometimes though.

Oh and I am now the proud owner of two domain names. One is http://www.anonymousoctopus.com ... I plan on making a movie with a digital camcorder, putting it online and then seeing if anyone watches it. The other one is http://www."my name".com. I'm probably just going to keep that one for the e-mail end of things, though I might post something there at some point.

I hope everything is going well for everyone else. I guess things are going well for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home