Thursday, September 22, 2005

Fall + concrete floor = hurt very

Ooops, I did it again.

I fell at work. In August 2001, I fell though the floor, because of termite damage, that we were repairing. Yesterday, I was on a 2' step ladder, drilling with the angle drill to put the coaxial cable in for a satellite TV. I must have pushed the ladder in such a way, because it warped, and I went falling to the floor. I landed on my side and my back, perpendicular. Today my right arm, my right side + back, my right leg and my left knee are bothering me something fierce. I took off work, to recover from the fall.

I also went "Eviction Shopping" last night. Someone in the next street over got kicked out of their house. Their belongings were on the street, and after a certain amount of time, they are considered garbage and can be taken by anyone. I scored a dresser that was in good shape, and a love seat and chair that were in OK shape for Tim. My brother's roommate got some random odds and ends, including a old Panasonic fax machine.

Apparently Hurricane Rita is about to make landfall somewhere in Texas as a Cat 3 or Cat 4 storm. Already gas prices are going up in large chunks. I filled my truck up at $2.899 for midgrade at the Wawa. The thing that sucks is if I had drove closer to where I live, I could have got midgrade at either Citgo or Wawa for $2.819. Ooops. But already there have been 10-20 cent increases at pumps around town.

Also, another funny but true story out of Prince George's County. Aledgedly a school bus driver was caught driving drunk, with a .16 on the breath test, which is double the legal limit. The bottle of vodka was found in the bus too. This bus was hired by the Prince George's County Public Schools, as a contractor, to run some routes. The driver is being held with a $20K bond in the Prince George's County jail. Driving a school bus while drunk is So Prince George's County!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home