Thursday, October 06, 2005

Running away with the world

Well, interesting stuff is abounding.

President Bush has nominated a basic nobody to the Supreme Court. Who is Harriet Miers? Other than she is in the close circle of friends of the president, no one really knows. I personally would rather fight or speak up for the known, than guess the unknown. I think this is about the poorest choice he could have made for such an important post.

Now to switch gears. Aparently I got two parking tickets in DC, two days apart. However, the second one never made it onto my windshield. I only found this out by paying the ticket online. I cannot get a parking permit as a contractor, so as these tickets end up on my windshield, I have to charge higher prices for my work. But what angers me the most is that I never got the second parking ticket!!!!

Thirdly, later today is my first official step towards becoming a State Trooper. I am meeting with the barrack commander to go over some stuff, and get me set up on some ride alongs. I'm nervous, but calm.

Well, it's nearly 3 AM, and I must be going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home